Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Accused

I stand accused The word has got around
(“Are you sure ?”
“I am positive .she herself told me” ).
My reasons have been discussed
(“Why do you think she is like this ?How can she get away with it ?)
I have been envied
(‘Wish i was so lucky !!She must be a witch .I’ m sure “)
My husband has been blamed
(“How does he allow it ?Does’nt he mind ?)
He has been pitied
(“What a shame !Poor man .Must be his fate”)
He has been accused
(“Surely he is hen pecked .If it was me I’d have thrown her out long ago”)
My mother has been taken to task
(“This is all bad upbringing .Her mother has not seen to her education properly .”)
Young newly married women eyed me with wonder
(“Gosh how does she get away with it!!”)
Eyes follow me everywhere .People whisper behind my back .Some confronted me , not able to believe what they heard
(“What about your children …don’t they mind ?”What do you mean by you don’t do it
?”)
Some were skeptical
(“May be she has a reason .There must be something about her that we don’t know.”)
And there are others who openly admire me
(“Hey ,You are cool man .A true example of empowerment ,a free spirit.”)
I am praised by some ,especially by my friends.
(“Good for you,You are smart and lucky too”)
My reasons have been analysed (‘Must be lazy and irresponsible”)
And dissected .
My crime has been visited on my daughters too.( “I hope you are not like your mother .”)
………..and my crime
I don’t cook …….my husband is the one who does it .cause he loves cooking with a passion and I do not want to commit the crime of separating him from his love

3 comments:

  1. felt like all expressions ( navarasas) in that one single reading was reflecting brightly. since we know the person in question ,the narrative was interesting for others it must have been intriguing.....waiting for more such interesting reflection of thoughts ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have re-read every single blog multiple times now and just one thing left to say- YOU ROCK!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you la and neha ..its friends like you who keeps me going :)

    ReplyDelete