Thursday, April 1, 2010

My mobile times


Okay .I do admit that mobiles are not my favorite piece of art.Its just a gadget that works as its supposed to .All i had to know were the keys or buttons that i had press for it to work for me as and when i needed to communicate or be communicated to . Its a device that connects people and to me thats all it was ,till recently .The manuals that come with it are not exactly my favourite work of literature.They are for pushing into the farthest corner of any available cupboard only to be pulled out when the mobile does a flop .Mainly for the warranty card that comes attached to it and the customer service number .
But its not so with my lord and master who is a gadget freak.He is passionate about any piece of machinery that comes his way .He drools over them as i would over my romantic novels .He pores over the manuals ,checks, rechecks (perhaps by hearts too) till he is thoroughly satisfied .He tries out all the applications over and over again till the gadget groans in exhaustion .If he finds a flaw ,out comes the manual, he lets the customer service people have their day .If still not corrected by them out comes his chain saw and axo blade .The gadget is torn apart and after much muttering and cursing its sewed back .Sometimes all is fine otherwise its death knell for that piece of machinery .
so back to mobiles....we can now consider the axis (on which the earth turns) as obsolete ,its turning on a mobile now .The whole world has one and so do I.I received the basic training from my mobile savvy college going daughter who sports a swollen thumb (as its always attached to the keys of her mobile ).The rest I acquired by trial and error method, the result of which was a whopping bill in the first month .
A few days back I became fascinated by the pics clicked using the mobile .I thought it real cool and after much rummaging i managed to get my hands on a handset (discarded recently for reasons unknown to me )which had a camera .
My glee knew no bounds .(santhosh sivan ..here i come !!!)
So there i was clicking away merrily at anything and everything that caught my eye.i even did some experiments with angles and lighting especially on my dog Toffee who suffered in silence as she was promised a treat for every pose.A biscuit for every click .She did oblige me till it got too much for her and flopped down flat on the floor refusing to budge even for a bone .
The next subject was my husband .I wanted to catch and capture all his moods for posterity and so there i was tagging behind him with the lens focused on him 24/7.This went on for two days till he threatened to throw me out of the house if he caught me one more time clicking while he slept .(He does not believe that he looks good with his mouth open .)
Finally satisfied that i had everything covered i decided to get it uploaded.For a large chicken golden delight from Dominoes my daughter agreed to do it .
I waited ....bated breath and all ..for a 'ooh 'or a 'Ah cool' ...but not a whimper from her .Well i didn't expect any thing much I was only a beginner .Time passed ...unable to bear ,I demanded she show me the pictures ."What pics ??"demanded she in return How can there be any ?the set did not have a memory card ."Didn't you check ?
Aah ..well ....have decided to use mobiles for its original purpose to make calls and get calls.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful read...so like you always with an ending climax ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked the bit where the daughter's thumb is stuck to the mobile. hahahaha, ungli mobile...keep writing

    ReplyDelete