Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vishu ....once more

One more Vishu ...As usual preparation starts the day before .Buying of vegetables ,grains ,cereals ,fruits,unniappams and of course Konna .Now this is the traditional one followed by my mother and i guess by the rest of the world at large .Now my sister and I ,we have a different way of looking at things .The usual 'Kani' is not for us and has not been so for some years .We keep things we are in need of, that particular year .Think positive and visualise your needs is our policy and as a first step towards this is keeping those objects or at least the models of those as 'Kani' by which we believe we will get it some time before the year ends .
Last year we had kept mobile phones ,the ones at home and the pictures of the latest models we wanted ,We also kept models of Mercedes Benz ,Lamborghini and a small aeroplane .And believe it or not I lost my old mobile and was gifted a new and better one ..so was the case with my sister .Now didn't get a Mercedes but my neighbour gave me a lift in his (fair enough !,I am not greedy)
This year our priority was different .This year Ive kept a laptop (the one I use is borrowed)and my sister has kept her microwave (she needs a new one )I did plan to keep my electric cooker but was vetoed by my Lord and master but he got the hint (I am half way there)and yes i kept a cutting of the latest canon (camera).
Even the Gods have undergone a change .I have gone for Murugan this year as i had only his picture and i felt that he deserved some consideration too .I also added the figure of a galloping horse because i want this year to go fast .Last year was too slow for me . This time instead of a plane i kept the model of a sailing ship .(planning to travel this year and see a few places )As eatables this time it was cashewnuts ,almonds and raisins. My daughter placed an empty pizza carton (her favourite )and a pamphlet of Dominoes Pizza which she stuck in an empty bucket of Baskin Robbins .
Not to be left behind my Lord and Master brought a brick (He is into constructions )and a bag of cement and placed it along with the other things .
All set and happy , we went to sleep, to get up in the morning for greeting the new year .So once again Happy Vishu and may all your wishes for the year come true

1 comment:

  1. superb ....hope this article will be an eye opener for the millions of mallus who stick to the traditional kannis without letting their imagination run wild!!!Change is constant ..and change with the times is inevitable. Lovely reading...waiting for more ...

    ReplyDelete